Input Control Cache problem

jeremy.suiter

Hi,

I have a problem with single select query input controls that seems to be caching the same data between two reports.  The reports both use an input control with the same prompt text ('Select Client') but that is all that is the same between them.  Everything else is different including parameters, ID's etc.  Once you go into one report then the data the query returns is all you now get when you go into the other report.

I've disbaled modrian cahcing but to no effect.  Only thing that seems to clear the cahce data is by logging out and in again which isn't practicle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can view the items that are being cached from

Server settings->adhoc cache. You can even clear it from there if that works for you.

I would like to know more about the input controls  Could you give more details on sql that each of the input controls run? Unless same user, uses same sql with same parameters that shouldnt really be happnening. Would help us to identify the issue with more information.

I've solved my problem but I would class this as a bug.  The two input controls run exactly the same SQL query even though they are on different reports pointing to different databases.  So the server is caching results based on the SQL query alone and respecting nothing else.  I altered the two queries so they are now slightly differenty and now they work fine. 

The system should cache queries based on the query and the data source they point to otherwise I would never have come across this problem so that's why I class it as a bug.

Jeremy