We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Background image gone in Word Export (when overlayed)

gert_1

Hi all,

Recently I discovered this problem, that occurs when you have a report that has an image as background and try to export it to Word. If you put some text in a detail that overlays the image, the image is not shown at all. Can someone tell me what to do to show the image (or text probably like 'SAMPLE' in background) even if the document itself contains text (which is pretty much purpose of Jasper). Replicate by

• Adding background
  • Put image in it
  • Add text in some detail (lot of text that fills the page)
  • Preview (does work in Java preview)
  • Export to word: Image is gone

Is already asked before but I couldn't find an answer (https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/537027/word-report-generation-background-image-using-jasper-reports-or-word-report

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 
it seems that 2 years later the problem is still here. I've been using Jasper Reports for a while, but this time I need a fancy word export. And I can't find a way to display a background image. I can display a small image, that's not the problem, but not as a background. I tried 2 ways:
- as an image in the background band but it never displays
- as an image in the title band (where I need it) but it doesn't display as soon as it collides with another element, as I want to add text or other elements in front of that picture.

hope I'm being clear, thanks for your help 

• 2 years later...