We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How do I delete remote files/report

arlaudpierre

Everytime I try deleting a file in the studio, I get the following stack trace:

java.lang.Exception: The Server has returned an error with code 1 and with the message could not delete: [com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.ContentRepoFileResource#6282]; SQL [delete from JIResource where id=? and version=?]; constraint [fk47fb3cd7f254b53e]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not delete: [com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.ContentRepoFileResource#6282]
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.delete(WSClient.java:224)
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.delete(WSClient.java:199)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.soap.SoapConnection.delete(SoapConnection.java:99)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.delete(ProxyConnection.java:86)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.WSClientHelper.deleteResource(WSClientHelper.java:327)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.action.resource.DeleteResourceAction$1.run(DeleteResourceAction.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

How can I get rid of this constraint and actually delete this file? It seems to cause problems when I try overriding the whole report as well.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of file are you trying to delete? JasperReports Server does not allow users to delete files that are used by other resources (e.g. can not delete domain used by adhoc view).

Check all dependencies between resources to make sure they are not being used. Unfortunately, such tools is not included with JasperReports Server :-)

So how can I check dependencies being used? Here's what I've done: I have two jasper servers. I created a report on my workspace and published it to my development server. I then published it to my production server. I modified the local report (added a subreport) and published it to dev server again. Now I can't publish it to production because I get the exception (it would override the report there and this seems not allowed). Thanks for you help :-)

This is just a guess but might be worth a few minutes... Try deleting the subreport first, then delete the main report. 

I don't know which version of Jasper you are using but, in my experience, Jasper has serious parent issues (!) when it comes to subreports.

Good luck,

Bob

Hello Bob, thank you for your answer but I'm afraid it's not exactly a problem of dependencies. As I said in @hozawa's comment, I added a subreport to a report and tried to publish this report again, and it failed because of the overriding. The remote report unit has only one jrxml file (and it should have 2 of them afterwards) and yet deleting it still fails :-/

Have you tried deleting the report from the web browser by logging in to your production JasperReports Server?

Unfortunately, JasperReports Server does not contain tools to show dependencies between resource. I've actually created dependencies reports for our OEM commercial version based on JasperReports Server.