JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

LGPL'd JasperReports visual report designer

By: Rawad Aoun - rawad_aoun

LGPL'd JasperReports visual report designer

2005-12-16 06:39

Hi guys,

I have an issue concerning the LGPL/GPL licenses. I want to use JasperReports in my application which is NOT free, and I have no problems with this since JasperReoports is LGPL'd. But to make an efficient use of JasperReports I want to embed in my application also a visual report designer for JasperReports (like iReports, JapserAssistant...), but all these visual report designers for JasperReports are currently GPL'd which forbids me from embeding them in my application.

So the question is: Is there any plans to make a LGPL'd visual report designer for JasperReports ? Is there anyone available now and am not aware of its existence ? If Not, is there any alternative for a visual report designer to provide the user with in order to help him configure the report the way he wants ?

Cheers,

Rawad

By: Frans Thamura - fthamura

RE: LGPL'd JasperReports visual report design

2005-12-17 07:18

+1 from me.

i think in the future there will be a project that will use and embedd it also.

By: Stephen Cowx - uanda

2005-12-23 03:18

Or else a commercial version alongside the GPL version. Can't honestly complain about not being able to make money out of someone else's efforts. Either way, the GPL means that we cannot currently use iReports (for example).

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2005-12-23 07:17

JasperSoft can provide a commercial license for iReport, allowing you to bundle it in your distributions without the GPL issues. Please contact sales@jaspersoft.com for more information.

Sherman Wood

Director, Business Intelligence

JasperSoft

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic