We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How do you get multi-report controls to appear in the dashboard designer?

cthompson

I have the same filters on two reports and they bot appear in the single report controls which does me no good as you have to update them independently.  I want to change the value and have both reports update as so nicely shown in all the demonstrations.  Please help. 

I'm working in JasperServer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Open dashobard in "Open in Designer", from the left pane you can find "Special Content" a foler like name , expand it, from there you can find "multi input controls". If you have the same input controls in multiple reports while designing the dashboard they will apper under this. From there you just need to drag and drop to the designer area.

Hope this info will help you.

The answer is the report designer uses the table names behind the scenes so if you're pulling from different tables with the same field name multiselects do NOT appear.  The work around is to modify the domain and alias the table name... I named them both TABLE since I'm so creative.  This allows me to trigger changes on multiple reports in a dhasboard with a single update value.  I can also add criteria that are specific to one report or another.

Hoping to get more support on the other questions I posted and to not have to solve all my issues myself.  Not off to a good start.