We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Export report as an image

lelo.endrik
Go to solution Solved by lelo.endrik,

Greetings experts,

I am new to the jasper world, so my question might be quite simple. I wish to generate a report from my java application. It work fine when it comes to pdf and excel formats, but i want to try to export it as an image (such as jpg, png the extension is not important). Is there any class like JPdfExporter or any other easy way to achieve this? 

During my researches, i've came across JRGraphics2DExporter, but i didn't understand how it works, and if this is the right choice of what i'm trying to accomplish. I would like an example of it's usage.

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

A bit late in replying, but i thought this solution might be useful to someone else. I've managed to get JRGraphics2DExporter  to work, and it doesn generate a correct .png image.

[/code]
            JRGraphics2DExporter exporter = new JRGraphics2DExporter();
            BufferedImage bufferedImage = new BufferedImage(595, 860, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
            Graphics2D g = (Graphics2D)bufferedImage.getGraphics();
            exporter.setParameter(JRGraphics2DExporterParameter.GRAPHICS_2D, g);
            exporter.setParameter(JRGraphics2DExporterParameter.ZOOM_RATIO, Float.valueOf(1));
            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, print);
            PrintRequestAttributeSet attrs = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
            attrs.add(new PrinterResolution(500, 440, ResolutionSyntax.DPI));
            exporter.setParameter(JRPrintServiceExporterParameter.PRINT_REQUEST_ATTRIBUTE_SET, attrs);
            exporter.exportReport();
            g.dispose();

ImageIO.write(bufferedImage, "PNG", out);

• 7 years later...