JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

By: Venkat - venkat_pasham

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

2005-05-10 19:55

Hi I am using Jasper Reports 0.6.4. My reports run into 1000 pages and I am using a lot of sub reports. I got outofmemory error and I tried to fix it by the solution posted at the following link....

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1146354&group_id=36382&atid=416703

which is..............

cutting the try{}catch{} (with the wait statement inside

it) (in prepare method) in JRFillsubreport.java and pasting it inside the if(fillThread==null) {...} block.

I created a new jar of Jasper reports, but now I have the following error.......

java.io.InvalidClassException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 606, local class serialVersionUID = 604

I don't know whether OutOfMemoryError is fixed or not..On the top of that now I have this error.

Can someone please help me ASAP...I have a deadline to meet soon (Friday).

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

By: Edgar Dollin - edollin

RE: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

2005-05-11 05:47

Recompile your report.

Edgar

By: Venkat - venkat_pasham

2005-05-11 06:37

Hi thanks for your information. java.io.InvalidClassException is fixed, but I am still getting the java.lang.OutOfMemory error. Any other patches and fixes for this error.

If needed I can attach JRFillsubreport.java to which I made changes trying to fix the OutOfMemory error.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

By: Ramana Reddy - toramanareddy

2005-05-18 20:29

hi venkat,

i am also getting same problem, i solve it in diff. way, i increase my master report height equals to total sub-report height(in design mode height) then it is working fine. i have only three subreport in my master report.

By: kootjekip - kootjekip

2005-06-06 03:04

Redesign your query, they are too complex. In every situation where i had the out of memory error, a redesign of my query helped me out (stupid java database driver)

By: misiacz1 - misiacz1

How to create a footnote

2005-05-30 06:20

Is it possible in Jasper? I didn't find any information ?

By: kootjekip - kootjekip

RE: How to create a footnote

2005-06-06 03:03

It's not possible in subreports only in your mainreport (subreports lose features like page footers and so on because it can't detect the page ending right)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic