We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Report with parameters upload in JasperServer

chenlienew
Go to solution Solved by pioppogatto,

Hi There

i am a newbie to JasperReport 

i install iReport 5.1 and JasperServer 5.2 CP and i designed a report upload to JasperServer, that report what i uploaded with a parameter called "pTeacherName",in iReport i preview the report fistly iReport shows a dialog allows me input value for pTeacher parameter and that works fine in iReport,but after i upload the report and view it on JasperServer ,it told me the report is empty!?

so, how'd  i view the report in JasperServer with query parameter,do i have edit the report on JasperServer and add InputControls? if it's that way the parameter what i define in iReport is useless!?

Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

After deploying your local report on JasperServer, you had to create an input control, pay attention to write on the ID field the exact name of your parameter, so pTeacherName. You had to specify the correct Type of your input Control Details, if it's a single select or a multi select query type you had to write the correct select.

BAntonio

Hi Pioppogatto!
    Thank you very much, your advice help me well! this promblem solved!
    Thank you!
    And here is one more thing,after adding InputControls i pass pTeacherName parameter via url like:
in web brower,JasperServer show a web page with a dialog allow me input value for pTeacherName,and in that dialog pTeacherName value is "a"(that has been evalued by url pTeacherName),and i press "apply" button it can query correct result,but notice the last part of url,pTeacherName=a, letter "a" is English letter (EN coding), when i pass pTeacherName with chinese letter (gb2312 coding),the value for pTeacherName in the dialog is a messy code, and i press "apply" button,it find nothing result,that's not correct,but i reinput the chinese letter in the dialog manully and press "apply" button is works fine!
  So,my second question is how can i pass chinese value (gb2312 coding) for pTeacherName via url and get correct result(without reinputting it manully)? or how can i config JasperServer to support gb2312 coding ?
    Thank you!