We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Help is needed - How to set up LDAP authentication in 5.1 release?

lightsailpro

I saw the following in the What's new session about the external authentication approach. Could someone shed light on the detailed steps to set up LDAP. I renamed sample-applicationContext-externalAuth-LDAP.xml to "applicationContext-externalAuth-LDAP.xml", plugin the parameter, then copy the file to apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INF. It did not work. Do I need turn on something in "applicationContext-security.xml"? I saw the following entry in the applicationContext-security.xml file, what does it mean? I am suprised that I could not find any relevant info the admin guide. I got the LDAP works in 4.7. I used the 4.7 file against 5.1, I got access denied error. Then noticed this comment. I am wondering if there is any change in 5.1 on the LDAP implementation. 

==================

########### For LDAP authentication in JasperReport Server 4.7. In JRS > 5.1, all configuration is included in a single file (see sample's)

==================

• Improved Single Sign-on (SSO) Support - A new customizable bean API leverages the Spring Security framework to simplify the creation and configuration of external authentication for JasperReports Server. To configure this new API, create a custom applicationContext file and place it in the WEB-INF directory. Sample files for LDAP and CAS are included in the standard distribution.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having similair problems on this subject, after the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 i simply cant get my ldap to work properly anymore.

It seems the files have changed too i cant get the ApplicationContext-security to work as LDAP anymore.

When i reconfigured the ApplicationContext-security file as it used to be (working) on 5.0 it just gives me an Blue screen Access Denied in the webapp right after loggin in.

maybe u fixed the problem yet?

Finally got it working by following the instruction in the cookbook. By the way, the following two lines in the doc do not look right, need to use " around the Value. Also need to set the group serach correctly. Enalbling LDAP spring security debug helped a lot. Thanks.

cn=Administrator,dc=example,dc=com

password

What file are you using now, the applicationcontext - security or the external auth ldap file? the solution didnt work at my case. but the enabling ldap spring security gave me some new leads of the the causes might be.

• 3 weeks later...