We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to find repository for iReport Navigator connection

jvway
Go to solution Solved by kcollins,

Hi,

I've been off iReport for a while and I've recently rebuilt my machine.  Unfortunately I don't remember the Repository Server settings I used in iReport for connecting to my Jasper server.  I've tried many combinations of the standard stuff.  The admin who initially set this up often did things in an unconventional manner.  Does anyone have a way I can find what the URL is to connect iReport v4.7.0 to a JasperServer community version repository for publishing reports?  It's on a Centos Linux box and I do have root access.  Hoping it's in some configuration file.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

By default it would be something like:

http://ip.or.hostname.of.server:8080/jasperserver/services/repository

The 'jasperserver' portion of the url could change depending on the name that was given to the application when deploying it to the application server.  If using tomcat, look for the webapps folder and find the folder inside that contains the jasperserver application.  The name of this folder is what gets appended to the url.  For example, if my Jasper Server installation was deployed to /webapps/my-jasper-server, the URL would be

http://ip.or.hostname.of.server:8080/my-jasper-server/services/repository

In addition, the /conf/server.xml file should have the application server configuration which contains the hostname or IP address the server is listening on.

-Kris