We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Use External Authentication with Jaspersoft

ycohen
Go to solution Solved by mgeise,

I have a database containing users that is already in use for an application. I want this application to call up a JasperServer page with the user already logged on. I guess I want JasperServer to do authentication filtering based on some custom Java object that I write. How can I do that?

Thanks,

- Yonatan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The typical way that JasperReports Server does Single Sign-on is by verifying the credentials against another system and then putting that username, etc. into the JasperReports Server user list with the role that matches from the secondary system.  The following is an example of how this is done with OpenLDAP:  http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/how-install-test-and-integrate-openldap-jasperserver  Using the HTTP API, it is possible to send a user to JasperReports server with the credentials in the request, effectively logging them in.

JasperReports Server is using Spring Security under the covers so that may be a place to start.  There is also a External Authentication Cookbook available to Jaspersoft Commercial Customers on the support portal or to the community through the Online store, however it covers a few examples like LDAP, etc. and would only provide you with background on how things work generally to help you accomplish what you are looking for.

Hopefully this helps.