JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Cannot find ctlscript.sh file in JasperServer Instalation directory

felipegdr

Hi all! 

I'm new to Jasper and I'm finding troubles initiazing the report server on Linux (Amazon AWS EC2 edition).

I've downloaded the bin distribution, and unzipped the file into /opt/jasperserver-4.5.0. I've runned the instalation buildomatic script successfully, the databases were created, the application was transfered to my tomcat/webapps and everything was going fine, until I tried to start the Jasperserver using the <js-installation>/ctlscript.sh start command. The ctlscript.sh file simply isn't in the proper directory, I've looked for it everywhere but couldn't find it.....

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

Post Edited by felipegdr at 04/20/2012 11:20

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is a little confusing. The ctlscript.sh *only* applies to the binary installer (which puts a DB and a tomcat and jasperserver into tomcat automatically on a linux instance).

However, for the installation that you did with your existing DB and existing tomcat - using the buildomatic/js-install.sh script you did everything right!

Since your DB seems to already be running, all you have to do is startup your Tomcat instance.

If tomcat was already included in your linux distribution then the usual startup command might be something like the following:

become the root user (or use sudo command)

run: sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat6 start

*However* there is a bug that I am fixing for the next version of JasperServer. Hopefully you are not hitting this bug.

The bug is: when a tomcat6 is included (ie standard RPM package) in linux it is typically broken out into two folder:

/usr/share/tomcat6    (will find bin folder and lib folder here)

/var/lib/tomcat6           (will find the correct webapps folder here)

The buildomatic/js-install.sh script only expects one folder structure. So, there can be an error where the jdbc driver or the jasperserver webapp does not get copied to the right location.

So, here is what you can double-check (assuming the apt-get/rpm style of tomcat6 instance):

/usr/share/tomcat6/bin     (should see the *.sh scripts)

/usr/share/tomcat6/lib      (the postgresql/mysql jdbc driver should be copied here)

(../lib/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc3.jar)

/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps  (jaserserver war file folder should go here)

So, my bug fix needs to be handling two separate folder for tomcat and allowing jasperserver user to specify two env variables that match these two folders:

CATALINA_HOME=/usr/share/tomcat6  CATALINA_BASE=/var/lib/tomcat6[/code]

Here is a somewhat related discussion:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3446803/tomcat-is-installed-with-catalina-home-in-usr-share-tomcat6-and-catalina-base-i

• 1 year later...