We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport Developer Standards

twmoore

I am curious if anyone has an official standard for creating iReport.  Things like fonts, spacing, header/footer format, Field/Variable/Parameters nameing convention, etc.

If so, would you be willing to share it?  We are using Jasperserver and iReport for our Course Evaluation Data Mart.  We will be expanding to other Data Marts that are maintained by other groups.  It would be nice to have a common standard.

Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a SRP that I developed several months ago. Since then I have learned a few more tricks with iReport and Jasper, so I will be updating this SRP soon. Posting the older one for you now. Will post the newer one when done - if you are still interested.

I also start with a standard landscape or portrait template that already includes alternating color bands in the detail record, a few fields from our one-row ENV (environment) table in a list in the header, specific background colors for the alternating bands and for the column header, etc.  I've attached a copy of my landscape template.  I also have a very specific set of procedures I use whenever I add groups to this so that the header is repeated at the top of every page, the column header labels are moved to just above the detail band (moved to the bottom of the innermost group header band, in other words), PDF bookmarks are added at the beginning of a new group (but not for the continuation repeat of group headers), etc.  Those do not appear in the template.

You might also try contacting Dave Jarvis, who is sometimes on these boards.  Just over a year ago he wrote a book called Indispensable: iReport, JasperReports, and R--Efficiency, Maintainability, and Prediction.  I remember it has some sections with recommendations on how to come up with standards, although at least half of the book is on the use of the R language, so it's not 100% JasperSoft related.  You can probably purchase his book from his web site: http://whitemagicsoftware.com/books.shtml.

Carl

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Carl,

When you say:

"PDF bookmarks are added at the beginning of a new group (but not for the continuation repeat of group headers)"

I was wondering how you managed to do that.

I looked for something close to a conditional bookmark, that I could show only for the first page of a group, but I could not found a way to do it.

Really appreciate your input.

Thank you.

HA