We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Crosstab with static column/row

izreena

Hi all,

Is it possible for Crosstab to have static column/row. For example below, can I have a fixed Blue, Red column and fixed Bank Wire, Credit Card, Cheque row instead of it generating dynamically?

Or should I not use Crosstab but other iReport elements instead?

Thanks!

Code:
     Transaction      Blue      Red       Total    ---------------+---------+---------+---------     Bank Wire     |     0   |    0    |     0     Credit Card   |     2   |    0    |     2     Cheque        |     1   |    0    |     1    ------------------------------------------------    Total All           |     3   |    0    |     3     --------------------------xx-----------------------

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - this is definitely possible with Crosstab - The order of your columns is alphabetical so they could generate dynamically without a problem. 

If you want to have them show up in a certain order that isn't alphabetical - you can add a helper column to the query, and use that as the first column/row grouping, and then put the titles as the second grouping - but then show the width/height of the first grouping as 0. 

I'm not sure I understand. I just want static columns and rows where the only dynamic element is the measures that will count according to the criteria (column & row) that I have fixed

Column 1 (fixed) Column 2 (fixed)
Row 1 (fixed) R1 x C1 (dynamic) R1 x C2 (dynamic)
Row 2 (fixed R2 x C1 (dynamic) R2 x C2 (dynamic)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Solved this by putting in Static Texts for all my fixed values, and creating single variables and manually inserting expression formulae for each of the variables to imitate the crosstab. I did not even use the crosstab element at all as it is for dynamic rows and columns only.

Post Edited by themillie at 03/06/2012 09:19

• 2 months later...

themillie, I'm trying to do this, too (I posted about it on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10834529/ireports-organizing-column-output but haven't gotten any responses). Can you give some additional information on how you were able to achieve this? Did you put your static row and column headers into the detail band? How did you define the variables?

Thanks,

Lisa