We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

"Error:Sourced file:inline evaluation of..." in the Report Query window

kburns

I'm running JasperServer 4.5, and getting this error when I click "Read Fields".

Error:Sourced file:inline evaluation of: `` my.customzied.java.class '': Class: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.impl.client.MetadataUserDetails not found in namespace

I don't think this has anything to do with my.customzied.java.class because I have no problem displaying that parameter in the title/page header.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a domain report? The read fields tries to execute the query against the database...doing this within iReport for domain reports is not possible.  You would need to deploy the report to the server and run it there.  If there are fields that need to be defined/changed, you'll likely need to do it manually.

Hi mgeise - 

I am not entirely sure what the phrase "Domain Report" means in jasper, but I assume it is a report created in iReport that runs on a remote server. Is this correct? And if so, this is basically what iReport is intended for, right?

I found a work around that involves manually editing the JRXML file and changing <queryString> and <field>'s 

<queryString>
    <![CDATA[select zxcv from dfgh where $X{IN, dfgh, dfgh}]]>
</queryString>
<field name="asdf" class="java.lang.String"/>

This works, but its an ugly hack and this feels like the kind of functionality that iReport is intended to do, but maybe I am missing something here? (very likely :-)

I created a support ticket for this and it was flagged as a bug/defect, so we'll see where they go from here.

Domain reports are reports that have Domains (the business object representation of the database) as the intermediary between the report and the database.  Rather than a direct SQL query, these reports reference a domain on the server and excecute a query against the domain which is then translated to a database query to access the data for the report.

What did the JRXML look like before you changed it vs. after you changed it.  I suspect you chose to make a domain based report rather than using SQL as your report query language, etc.