We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can I use external mysql db with ireport and jasperreports-server

tkmbe

Hello

I'm very new to the whole jsaper stuff but I seems realy great!!

I've created a report from an external mysql db with ireport. This works nice.

But I want to use some input parameter etc. and so it seems this can be done exactly with  jasperreports-server.

Now the manual/samples always use the internal db ...

I have no idea how can I use an report which is store in the internal db but use datas for the report from my remote mysql db :-(

Where can I get such infos? Have found nothing in the manuel ...

Greetings and thanks for any hint

Beat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To connect to other databases such as your mysql db, you'll need to create a data source in jasper server. When deploying your report, there's a screen where you select the report's data source. Select the datasource created in jasper server and that's it!

Thanks for your answer. I'm not able to create any datasource from scratch. What's the glue?

I then tried to modfiy the JDBC Data Source but I have not found a mysql jdbc driver installed.

The only one I find is in ireport directory. Do I have install mysql connector by mysels in tomcat dir?

Is there any documentation about all this stuff?

It's really hard to work with jasperreports-server without documentation.

And how can I import mi report generated i ireport?

I know there a a lot of questions but I have not found this answers in the manuals :-(

Sorry
I had only the installation manuel not the users guide.
Now I have installed again from scratch and found the users guide

Now I have found how to install the report...

But the problem of mysql drivers still exists. Where should I install this driver?

I have read you must install the driver in a readme but there is no info where to install...

The data source can be different from the database configured for JasperReports Server if the application server can find its driver. For example, in a default installation of JasperReports Server, Tomcat looks for data source drivers in
(js-install-directory)/apache-tomcat/lib. Put a copy of the driver in this location. Use the JDBC driver mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar or later.   

Do the User Guide instructions for adding a report unit to the JasperReports Server help?

Post Edited by khahn at 11/17/2011 02:17

• 2 weeks later...

Start MySQL service on Windows or the daemon on Linux if it is stopped.

If you installed the bundled Tomcat on Windows, you can use the Control Panel (look for the service named jasperreportsTomcat) or you can use the Windows start/stop script to start Tomcat:

Code:
Click Start > All Programs > JasperReports Server (version) > Start or Stop Services > Start Service.On Linux, enter:cd <js-install>./ctlscript.sh start