We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperserver 4.1.0 source build fails on add-jbdc-driver target, in ubuntu lucid environment

epineda

Hi All, 

I'm having problems trying to compile jasperserver-pro.

I'm using ubuntu lucid 10.04, I installed sun-java6-jdk, tomcat6, maven2, ant. And when I try to begin the build processes, specifically "js-ant add-jdbc-driver" command I got:

:/var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver/buildomatic$ ./js-ant add-jdbc-driver

Buildfile: /var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver/buildomatic/build.xml     [echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)     [echo] WARNING: no directory found for loading dependent jars for import/exportinit-source-paths:     [echo]       [echo] Property values (in dev.xml: init-source-paths):      [echo]   js-path = /var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver     [echo]   js-pro-path = /var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver-pro     [echo]   repo-path = /var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver-repo     [echo]  add-jdbc-driver:     [echo] maven.home = /usrBUILD FAILED/var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver/buildomatic/bin/dev.xml:157: The following error occurred while executing this line:/var/tmp/jasperreports-server-4.1.0-src/jasperserver/buildomatic/bin/dev.xml:91: /usr/boot does not exist.Total time: 1 second

As you can see the problem is the setting of mave.home that should be /usr/share/maven2 and not /usr. I tried setting MAVEN_HOME AND M2_HOME and I got the same error...

Any hints? thank you a lot

Edgard.

Post Edited by epineda at 09/27/2011 15:59

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that's bad. 

I am thinking that you can try setting the maven.home explicitly in the buildomatic/dev.xml file. Around line 62 in the file. 

Also, the add-jdbc-driver target is used to support running the jasperserver-unit-tests, so you can try going to the next build target which is "js-ant build-ce" and that should be able to run cleanly. The build-ce target will build all the source code but will not execute the unit-tests found in the jasperserver-unit-test folder. 

• 3 months later...

Hi Edgard,

I had the same problem. The macrodef for runmaven in buildomatic/bin/dev.xml expects a Java property maven.home. When I set it in the default_master.properties it fixed the problem. It would be good if the JasperReports-Server-CP-Source-Build-Guide.pdf would include a hint to set this property to avoid that problem.

Best,

Sandro

Post Edited by sandro_boehme at 01/24/2012 10:08