Hive reports not running on HiveServer

arpanbaruah

Hi there

I have created a report using ireport and hive jdbc connection.

I followed the steps mentioned with jasperserver installation . I published the same ireport to server. It seems the server is giving a JDBC error. The server is installed on the same hive server.

I am not sure whats going on

Attached is the error description

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What version of the Hive connector are you using? What version of Hive? What version of JasperReports Server?

Did the report work correctly in iReport?

The most common mistake I have seen is that users accidentally use the query language "SQL" when what's needed is "HiveSQL". Any chance that you're doing this?

Regards,
Matt

arpanbaruah,

I see that you posted a different thread first. In that thread it looks like you hadn't deployed the Hive connector to JasperReports Server. Please list out the steps that you've done so for so that we can make a better guess at where the problem is coming from.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt, 

Jasper Server Version  - cp-4.1.0

ireport - Using the same with the bundle (IReport Designer 4.0.2)

Yes , earlier posting was my mistake. I forgot to update the WEB-INF folder with the Hive JDBC WEB-INF folder

Steps to configure JasperServer

Installed JasperServer 4.10 with MySQL, Tomcat and ireport

Updated the WEB-INF folder with http://jasperforge.org/plugins/esp_frs/file.php?id=117&group_id=428&relid=86 WEB-INF

Added the ireport Hive JDBC plugin. Created a report using ireport. The report runs fine on ireport

Added the server repository and published the ireport to the jasper server.

Created a JDBC Datasource. The JDBC passes Connection test.

Login to Jasperserver, Edit the published report , add datasource - > Hive Data source 

Run the reports.

It gives the error as mentioned on my previous email

Let me know if i am missing out any step.

Thanks

AB

Thanks Matt, It is working now. I am back on my jasper eval. Thanks again

It seems though there is no test Connection button to check whether the connection is working or not. 

Also when i tried running the hive connection report on jasperserver , it didnt show the prompt.(parameter) which i included.

The report didnt pull any data. When i remove the parameter the report runs just fine. It seems Hive JDBC with jasperserver cannot handle parameters

Thanks

AB