We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

x86_64 and jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-linux-installer.bin

kavehmz

Hi,

I am trying to install the jasperserver on a 64bit linux, I knew that it was not supported in before, but is it still the case?

Do I still need not to use the default installer? How can I install it now?

Best Regards

Kaveh

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Kaveh

you need to install the following binaries and then you can proceed with the installing the jasperserver 4.0 binary

here is the command

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

after this make the jasper bin executable and just run it ./jasper.....

Kaveh,

You still need to use the .war file installer. You install Tomcat and MySQL yourself using nice 64-bit versions (or a different app server or database) and then deploy JasperReports server taking advatage of all the 64-bit goodness.

Coming soon: 64-bit installers. Sorry, I don't know if it will be this week or next week or when... but they're being tested and they should be available pretty soon.

Also, the answer from kavehmz sounds reasonable for an immediate solution. I cannot confirm it myself though. But generally I prefer to install 64-bit binaries rather than finding a workaround to run the 32-bit stuff.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks all,

I went with the suggestion of installing tomcat and mysql from distro and using the zip installation method.

For faster intsall or those who dont want to play with mysql and tomcat configs and 64 isntaller would be great, hope to see it soon.