Evaluation time of print when expression

phantastes

Hi!

You can set the evaluation time of an element to a group. However it seems that the Print When expression is always evaluated now. This makes it impossible (?) to remove a row based on the values passed back from a subreport. 

There is a property called "net.sf.jasperreports.style.evaluation.time.enabled", that I'm guessing is handling this issue for style evaluation. Unfortunately there is not a "Print When" check for a style.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Thank you!

Magnus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen this issue. Are you setting it at field level, band level, page level, report level? One thing I have noticed is that if I set it at say the variable level and put the variable in a text field and don't update the text field then it does the evaluation incorrectly - try looking at all the levels to see if there's one that is off?

Hi,

well it's only actual text element that has the Evaluation Time setting in my case. The text field displayes and evaluates fine, the issue is with the Print When expression that ignores the Evaluation TIme setting for the text field.

Thanks for the reply though!

• 2 years later...

I found a way around it by creating a variable 'v1' with reset type 'report' and then setting its expression in java to $V{REPORT_COUNT} == 0 ? "" : "City" because in my example I needed to show/hide a header of a subreport when it had csv datasource data or not. Then I just replaced the header static text with a text field with value $V{v1} that gets evaluated at report time as well. Hope it helps

• 5 years later...

Anyone found a solution to the original poster's problem?

My problem is a little different. I'm trying to hide a page header based on the presence of a subreport, which is nested in a group footer. I think the real answer is to restructure the entire report. If a page header is conditional, the report should be broken into a new subreport and placed in an additional group footer.