We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Report running in Jasperserver 3.0 is not working in 4.0

pumaking

Hi,

we ran Jasperserver 3.0 for some time now. Now I set up a new server with Jasperreports Server 4.0. I now manually moved the reports which we use to the new server. 

So far eveything OK. But now I have one report which doesn't run on the new server:

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Error evaluating expression : Source text : 100 / $V{SumUm} * $V{SumDB1}

I can run the report locally in Ireport without problems and it also still runs on the 3.0 server. I don't understand this as I use exactly the same jrxml files and the datasource is also the same.

Does someone have an explanation for this behaviour?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably because of changes to Groovy. Groovy isn't nice about backwards compatibility.

Try changing the report language to Java. It shouldn't be too tough to tweak the report to work again with Groovy. It's a bummer that it doesn't immediately work on upgrade... but there doesn't seem to be anything JasperServer can do to work around Groovy scripts's incompatibility with newer versions. Normally it's an issue with how nulls are handled.

Regards,
Matt