We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

is there any good and helpful tutorial out there?

joka83

Well, after nearly 9hours trying to establish a custom java bean datasource on the server, I am that close to become crazy.

Is there any good tutorial out there, which gives a step by step view on this topic? especially on creating the application-context file? the docs delivered within the software are a joke in my opinion !! 

regards

daniel

Post Edited by joka83 at 04/15/2011 17:11

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Daniel,

Do you have access to the Admin Guide (it's a Pro Guide). It has a section on Custom Datasources. Unfortunately, there is no Admin Guide for the Community product - kind of an oversite. And the datasources section is going to be moved out of the Admin guide and put into the Ultimate Guide - which Community members can get access to.

You could download the Pro Evaluation installer and get the Admin Guide ....

• 2 weeks later...

hey tkavanagh,

thanks a lot, I finally got my bean datasource working in ireports ;)

but when I try to connect it to your jasperserver product i face new problems...

i published my datasource via spring beans and I am able to get a "Connection passed"-Success whenever I try to connect to my database ! (Bean Data Source) ;)))

bean name is the id I used in spring bean application context and the bean method is the method which returns an arraylist of beans.

but when I try to  fill my custom Report with the datasource I get an issue called:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.jasperreports.service.ReportDataSourceService

Error Trace

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.jasperreports.service.ReportDataSourceService at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.BeanReportDataSourceServiceFactory.createService(BeanReportDataSourceServiceFactory.java:86) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.createDataSourceService(EngineServiceImpl.java:799) at 

In my application I return an ArrayList of Beans. Well in iReport it works great, but why doesnt it in JasperServer...

what do i have to do?

any help would be nice...its a great feeling to see things working fine ;)

Post Edited by joka83 at 04/29/2011 13:30

hey guys, me again ;)

i just wrote a factory class which returns a reportdatasourceservice....works fine, but now i get an error called

"Incompatible java.util.ArrayList value assigned to parameter REPORT_DATA_SOURCE in the report1 dataset."

I dont find any help, which values i could use there? any help? whats my fault? 

some tipps would be great ;)

regards daniel

update: I am able to do the report, but no pages are shown...think there is a problem submitting the arraylist to the report generator?! :(

Post Edited by joka83 at 05/01/2011 09:25

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...