Problems installing JasperServer CE 4

jadomeit

Hallo!

Maybe someone can shed some light on this, i don't have any more ideas on how to get this to install. My system is a debian 5.0.5. Installed are:

tomcat5.5
mysql 5.0.51.a
apache2
java 1.5

I tried to use the .bin-installer but it refused to connect to the mysql database. I switched to the war-install but encounter similar problems here, maybe someone has an idea what the problem is?

I created a default_master.properties, the values are also found in the log, so i'm just posting the log for now.

the '?????????????????' at line 1 part is giving me headaches. I think it may not be able to connect to the database, but i don't know why. The root mysql user is allowed to connect from any ip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Running JasperReports Server install script at 2011-02-17_09-52
[test]
Running pre-install-test-ce Ant task.
Buildfile: /home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/build.xml
     [echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)

test-ce-all-props:
     [echo] Checking properties:
     [echo]   appServerType=tomcat5
     [echo]   appServerDir=/var/lib/tomcat5.5
     [echo]   dbType=mysql
     [echo]   dbHost=localhost
     [echo]   dbUsername=root
     [echo]   dbPassword=**********
     [echo]   dbPort=3306
     [echo]   js.dbName=jasperserver
     [echo]   sugarcrm.dbName=sugarcrm
     [echo]   foodmart.dbName=foodmart
     [echo]   webAppNameCE=jasperserver

check-dbtype-ce:

test-appServerType-ce:

do-pre-install-test:
     [echo] Checking DBMS host and port:
cannot do a proper reachability test on this Java version
     [echo]   Host localhost is OK
     [echo]   Port 3306 is OK
     [echo] Validating administrative database connection at jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysql. Phase: [test]
[advanced-sql] Failed to connect: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '????????????????' at line 1
     [echo] Connection failed:
     [echo]   SQLState: 42000
     [echo]   Vendor specific error code: 1064
     [echo]   Message: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '????????????????' at line 1]

BUILD FAILED
/home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:282: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:165: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/db/mysql/db.xml:58: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:223: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:259: Database doesn't exist. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

Total time: 7 seconds
Checking Ant return code: OK

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I solved it...in a way.

I switched back to the .bin-Installer. It repeatedly refused to connect to my mysql-Database BUT accepted all the values i entered.

While it accepted /var/lib/mysql as the path to the mysql binaries, it should have been /usr/bin.

Works now.

PS: Using a preinstalled Tomcat proved to be a nightmare to configure. The documentation should point this out, but doesn´t.

Post Edited by jadomeit at 02/17/2011 13:49

• 2 years later...

Hi jadomeit

You have posted solution wehre you have wriiten

"While it accepted /var/lib/mysql as the path to the mysql binaries, it should have been /usr/bin."

please can you tell me where to make these chanages because I'm facing the same problem on Installing jasper server in linux system.

I'm using war file installation and trying to use mysql server with  jasperserver. 

Thanks

Anand