Jasperserver 4 release date?

calathea

At some point in the near future i need to refactror most of the reports i look after to a new database warehouse, i also intend to add some sort of version control using the import/export function and SVN. It would be nice to take advantage of Jasperreports 4.0 and Ireport 4.0 but obviously thats out of step withe Jasperserver.

So i was wondering if any one knows if the release of Jasperserver 4.0 is imminent? If so i can start the porting now, get the reports working in iReport and then just upload them when i am ready.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the source code, and maven repository going to be available in a downloadable format? (.zip)

This would be great to support a source code build. I was working with Tony on thoughts about this, and wondering if any of these are being implemented.

Thanks!

Jason

This is wonderful news, and thank you for considering and implementing my suggestions so FreeBSD can be supported! I look forward to the update, now, as the port has been committed to the FreeBSD ports tree.

I just fixed the jasperserver 3.5.0 FreeBSD port to work similarly.

Are there going to be similar scripts for postgresql to create the database, and add default credentials for the database?

(ie. compare jasperserver-3.5.0-src/jasperserver/scripts/mysql with jasperserver-3.5.0-src/jasperserver/scripts/postgresql)

I have it in the port so mysql is the default, and it installed the jasperserverCreate-mysql.ddl and jasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql

If the postgresql files were named the same except for "mysql," of course, and performed similarly in function, that would be ideal, however just having them is better. Either way, I can support it. Just less work if they are named the same for the port.

I've added the instructions for installation of the port, if you wish to add the installation instructions to the manual. 

Thanks Tony!

Code:
cd /usr/ports/databases/jasperservermake install