We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Text being truncated when exporting to MS Word

norani

How can I ensure that my text will not be truncated when it is exported to MS Word.  It is only happened to the last row of the text and to the certain character or alphabet such as 'g', 'y', 'q' which there are not fully displayed (been truncated at the bottom).

Is there any text or element's properties that need to be set up and configured?

Kindly appreciate any idea and help.

tq.

Post Edited by norani at 01/10/2011 03:05

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try setting the property net.sf.jasperreports.print.keep.full.text to true.

You can set it for just one element, or you can set it for the report, or you can set it in jasperreports.properties to apply to all reports.

The root cause sounds like a font metrics issue. You might get different results with different fonts. Use font extensions for consistent results. But for a quick solution the property above ought to work.

Regards,
Matt

er... you need to edit the file jasperreports.properties.

You can set the same property in iReport. Take a look in the options. But you'll need to set it in jasperreports.properties for deployment. (Or, as suggested, you could set it as a property in the report.)

You'll find lots of examples that ship with JasperReports or you can search the forums for more details.

Regards,
Matt

Thank you Matt.

I've done with setting the properties at report level and field element level as well in the report .jrxml file.  But I still got the field truncated.  I've found one info from forum that this properties is working on XLS and CSV file, but here I want to export to RTF file.  I guess this is might the cause.  Any other idea or suggestion?

regards,

Norani