We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to access a data source using Windows Integrated Security

javiiglesias

Hi,

We need to implement a report using a database connection (to a MS SQL Server database) using Windows Integrated Security, automatically using the credentials of the Windows user, without being obligued to use an specific user and password. When you desing a report, user and password to connect to the database are mandatory, but I need to dynamically take the windows credentials. Is this possible in Jasper Reports? How can we indicate this?

Thanks!

Javier

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the configuration that I have used for MSSQL server.  You have to use the MS JDBC driver to get the intergrated secuity

MS SQLServer (2005) (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)

jdbc:sqlserver//database.company.com:1433;databaseName=LogosDB;integratedSecurity=true

you will still get prompted for a password, just hit enter and it still provides access.

Post Edited by lschroth at 01/02/2011 22:08

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks lschroth! It works!

This is the URL successfully working:

jdbc:sqlserver://myHost:1433;databaseName=myDatabase;integratedSecurity=true;

Now I have the reports stored in my server connecting to the database with integrated security, but the problem is that this is not what I really wanted to get. Now, all the users are accesing my server and they are ALWAYS accesing to the data with the server's credentials (which are unique) .

That is not what I really wanted to get. I need to get each user accesing to the reports and connecting to the database with their own user credentials, not with the server user credentials.

I got  this in the past with Windows technology (Reporting Services). Is there any way to get the same in JR?

Thanks, again!

Javier

• 2 years later...