We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Copy & Paste Variable

stephan_r

Hi, I'm not sure if I found bug. I think it's not a major problem but it's a bit annoying to me. I'm using the iReport Designer 3.7.6 and that's what happens: When I copy a variable in one report and paste it into another one it disappears in the first one. So Copy and Paste works like Cut and Paste. Did anyone noticed a similar behaviour?

Stephan

By the way iReport is really a great tool!

Post Edited by stephan_r at 07/12/2010 06:42

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on iReport 3.7.1.1 Professional, and the Copy/Paste works as expected, so maybe it's unique to your current version.  I think it's more than annoying if your version works as described, since a Cut when you mean to Copy is destructive.  I can easily imagine hitting "Copy" and then quickly flipping over to the other report and successfully pasting without noticing that I just broke the source report.

Carl

I'm also using IReport version 3.7.6 and have noticed the exact same problem. It seems that it only happens with variables though. Copying parameters, styles, etc all works correctly. But when copying variables, it always performs like a Cut instead of a Copy.

It certainly seems to be a version specific bug.