We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Mac OSX install problem

stboon
Go to solution Solved by tkavanagh,

I'm trying to run the ./js-ant install command but then i get : 

Buildfile: build.xml

BUILD FAILED

/Users/jasper/Desktop/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-bin/buildomatic/build.xml:40: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/Users/jasper/Desktop/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-bin/buildomatic/setup.xml:256: Error: Master properties file /Users/jasper/Desktop/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-bin/buildomatic/default_master.properties not found!

Total time: 0 seconds

Anybody got an idea what the problem could be?

I'm using a mac osx snow leopard version 10.6.5, and java version 1.6.0_22

Steven Boon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi Steven, 

Yes, you should create the default_master.properties file. And it should be located in your buildomatic folder. 

To do this, you should start with one of the sample property files and then change the name. There is one property file per supported database. (For Community, it's just postgresql and mysql - but for Pro version there are 5 supported dbs). 

So:

cd Users/jasper/Desktop/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-bin/buildomatic

copy sample_conf/inst-mysql_master.properties  to buildomatic/default_master.properties

edit default_master.properties

- point to your application server

- point to your database (and give db credentials)

js-ant create-js-db

js-ant init-js-db-ce

js-ant import-minimal-data-ce

js-ant import-sample-data-ce (optional)

js-ant deploy-webapp-ce

These steps are described in the <js-install>/docs/JasperServer-CE-Install-Guide.pdf, in Section 5 Install from the War File Distribution ZIP.

If you load the sample resources, then you should also create the sample databases (they are called foodmart and sugarcrm). The Install Guide specifies the 5 targets that you need to type in for this. 

You will need to *already* have a Tomcat and MySQL installed to carry out the installation. 

However, the good news is that there is a Mac OSX installer that will be included with the next JasperServer release (it will be the 4.0 version). It's due out around the beginning of the year. So, I am looking forward to feedback about the Mac installer when that is out.

Also, the other good news is that the buildomatic scripts have been upgraded in 4.0 so that (once you have a tomcat and mysql in place), you can run a single command (js-install.sh) and everything described above (after you create your default_master.properties) will be done automatically. (ie for folks who do not want to run the installer).

thx for the help.

The only problem i'm now having is that i have to use a oracle database behind it and no mysql. But i will try to figure this out. 

And when the new version comes out I will be giving a lot of feedback, because we want to use jaspersoft on a professional base on only apple systems for reporting on our warehouses. 

Regards Steven Boon

Ok now i'm getting a little bit further but now i'm stuck here: 

et-fer-14:buildomatic oracle$ ./js-ant create-js-db

Buildfile: build.xml

create-js-db:
     [echo] create database, js.dbName = ${js.dbName}

BUILD FAILED
/Users/oracle/Desktop/Jasper/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/db/defaultTargets.xml:17: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/oracle/Desktop/Jasper/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1-bin/buildomatic/install.xml:83: Class Not Found: JDBC driver ${jdbcDriverClass} could not be loaded

Total time: 0 seconds
et-fer-14:buildomatic oracle$ 

Hmm, the Oracle might be kind of a problem. For the Community version, we only support mysql and postgresql out of the box.

Also the same would be true for the Oracle driver .. ie it won't be found in the Community buildomatic. You will need to download it from Oracle.

A number of Community members have worked to do their own Oracle installs. It's a matter of getting the jasperserver database SQL converted to Oracle and getting the configs setup up right. If you search the forum under Oracle you can find these threads.

But in general, if you are installing for the first time, I would recommend using mysql for now since it everything is ready to go.