unattended installation - how to disable ireport and samples?

selmi

hi

i am using linux version of jasperserver-3.7.1-pro

i install it using commandline, it works, but it always creates ireport and samples folder, which i don't need (and don't want)

in my option file which i feed to installer i have:

install_sampledata=0
install_ireport=0

I also tried with values disable, no, none, false.... still, these unwanted folders are always there

what is correct value for these options?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get the -pro version? Is it available for download? Else you must have registered with JasperSoft and they should be able to help you if you contact their support.
But from your description it might be a bug in their installer. A ref from a previous post related to your question shows that the correct flags are 0 or 1:
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=50827

Try with the command line arguments:

--install_ireport 0 --install_sampledata 0

--
JSC

Post Edited by jscoobyced at 11/09/2010 04:17

I think there is a bug logged in the tracker for this - but I'll take a look.

These two packages get installed in the uninstaller mode no matter what your settings are :-(

However, the good news is that this is fixed in the next version of JasperServer which is 4.0. It is due out toward the end of the year.

The Pro and Community Edition (CE) installers have the same installer script base, so the bug will be seen in both versions.

The Pro installer can be downloaded as part of a 30 day Eval. But it has a license that expires after the 30 days.

• 3 months later...

This unattended issue is fixed in the 4.0 release.

However, there were a number of installer updates so the names of the properties to specify has changed a little bit.

I will need to get these changes checked into this source base. And I can also post to this Forum thread.

So, please stay tuned.

If you want to get an extention for a Pro Eval you'd have to talk to the Sales department.

But can compare the unattended install for 3.7.1 and 4.0.0 using CE.