Sometimes unable to delete a report - resolved

cbarlow3

As part of a demo, I sometimes create a crosstab report and a chart that show the same information two different ways, so I can then show how easy it is to put both reports/views side-by-side in a dashboard.  Sometimes I have problems deleting the reports after a demo because they're "in use by another resource".  Now the obvious solution is that I need to delete my dashboard before I try to delete the reports....except that I already do that.  The dashboard deletes fine.  I even tried to go into the repository tree in iReport and delete the reports, but I get an error there as well.

Usually when I have this problem, it goes away by itself after a day or two, and I'm able to delete the reports without an error.  Is my deletion of the dashboard not cleaning up after itself adequately in real time?

Carl

Post Edited by cbarlow3 at 10/27/2010 15:06

Post Edited by cbarlow3 at 10/27/2010 15:07

Post Edited by cbarlow3 at 10/27/2010 15:08

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to have a look at the 'aru015606' kind of files (names starting with 'aru') or in the 'Temp' folder of the repository. They are temporary files generated by reports and dashboards. Depending on the version you are running, there might be a bug related to the dashboard deletion that doesn't cleanup the temporary file associated, which itself hold a reference on the reports.

That was it exactly.  I had a few aru files from yesterday that showed up as "Reports".  I deleted those, but still couldn't delete the reports in question.  When I then looked to see what dashboards were created yesterday, I found one more aru file.  I deleted that, and the reports I wanted to delete were no longer in use and deleted just fine.  Thanks very much for your quick and useful response.

Carl