Report not showing out of the IDE

explorer

Hi All,

I am using Jasper Reports 3.7.5 and JDK 1.6 (update 20). The report launched from my application running inside the Netbeans IDE 6.9 runs perfectly well.

However,  when the report is launched from the application outside of the IDE, nothing happens (no even an exception is shown). All the required jars are on the applicatons' classpath. The report path is not hard-coded, and I have verified that at runtime the report path is correct.

Please suggest what could be the reason for this strange behavior?

Thanks.

Code:
try            {                jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(                reportPath, hashMap, dataSource);                //no code executes afte this line. Not even an exception is thrown               if(jasperPrint == null) {                   JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Jasper print is null");               } else {                    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Jasper print is not null");               }            }            catch (JRException e)            {                    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, e.getMessage());            } catch (Exception e) {                 JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, e.getMessage());            }            JasperViewer jasperViewer = new JasperViewer(jasperPrint, false);            jasperViewer.setTitle("Report Viewer");            jasperViewer.setVisible(true);            JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Report Printed");// end of code

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic