We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

help: error w/ installation on win7 os

ender

hey guys,

I'm running into issues completing the jasperserver installation, all inputs were the std default values and I ran the installation as admin in win7.

I'm getting two errors and I've attached a screenshot of the two errors.

I actually have a msql db on the unix which I want to pull data and plot. But for the installation I opt'd for the bundled mysql software so I can play with the examples but even with that I'm getting errors.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is known issue with installer [ bundled/bundled] when machine is slow. Actually , when machine is slow, it tries to connec to mysql before evenr mysql started.

Workaround is :- Install Existing mysql and try using existing mysql when installing. it will work for sure.

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

Thanks for the reply Ramnik!

If I have an existing mysql db already installed on the unix side, can I use that instead?

edit:

Reading the installation guide it seems like it has to reside in the same machine as jasperserver?

Note that the MySQL instance must reside on your local machine (i.e. localhost or 172.0.0.1)

Post Edited by ender at 09/02/2010 18:43

Yes , its easy

1. go to tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/META-INF

- in context.xml file , you will find information abt the mysql URL used. Update the URL , username and password for the DB you want to use

2. You can alway add data source to point to the Database you want to use and then create reports, domains based on the data source

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

ah, thanks Ramnik!

I have a pretty rudimentary question, can you explain the difference between jasperserver, jasperreports and ireports? I'm having some trouble trying to understand where one starts and the other one continues.

I came upon jasperforge when I was looking for a solution where I can quickly and easily generate a report w/ a number of key charts on it where the data is gathered from the unix sql database. Something similar to the dashboard but I don't need all the fancy functionalities of the flash charts, etc

Which solution/product is a better match for this?

thanks and I appreciate your help and input!

1.Jasperreports is a library to create the jasperreports . you need not worry abt it a s it comes with iReport

2. iReport is the jasperreport designer. It uses the jasperreport library. Using iReport -> user can create the JRXML.

3. After user create the JRXML in iReport , he can port the JRXML using the jasperreport unit in Jasperserver.

So , in summary flow is like this:-

1. Using iReport , create the JRXML

2. using the jasperserver, create the jasperreport which use the JRXMl.this way reports are ported to a server and can be accessed anywhere.

hope it helps ..

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer