We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Execute deployed report/subreport in iReport

topkatz

Hello all,

I have been building all sorts of reports and a issue crept up today.  I can not tell if its the way it always has been, or if something got inadvertantly changed in my development enviorment.

I build my report localy and its subreports.  Everything works fine.  I upload my report and subreport to my jasperserver repo.  My report is executed as expected from jasperserver.  My issue comes in when I want to do further work on the report.  I open the parent report from the repo.  If I click "preview" in ireport my subreports bomb out with an error of "Unable to locate the subreport with expression: ""repo:sub1.jrxml"" ".  Obviously my report is not looking to the repo to get the subreport.  The real question is why.

Now if I right click the main.jrxml in the repo structure and click "run report unit" it works as expected and the subreport gets fired from the repo.  I could have swore I could run the report localy when opened in ireport for editing.  Am I imagingn that?  I can just run the report unit, I just feel like I did it right from preview before.

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic