data source based on login

scphantm

the way my system works is i need to have a report that can run against about 100 or so identical databases.  when the user logs in, jasperserver has to associate a specific data source to that user and when a report is run use that data source thats specific to the user for their reports.  that way i can have one instance of jasperserver running several hundred user accounts.

is that possible?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im researching the custom datasource code thats distributed with the server. if i use the hibernate example, how exactly could i pass the name of the role that the user is a member of to the HibernateDataSourceService class? it looks like if i accomplish that then i can simply define all my databases in the application context file of my datasource and have the roles in jasperserver match. if i can somehow pass the data source the role name, i should have it right?

im trying to get the custom datasource examples to deploy. when i restart the server i get class version errors on the new class files. what version of the JVM is this built with? im using jvm 6 for everything so i would imagine it should work

To achieve the solution you have to modify jasperreport.jar file.

In each Report pass a parameter it should contain the information related to connection.

example:JNDI_NAME

JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java modify this class(you can find this file in jasperreport.jar/ net/sf/jasperreports/engine/query)

Here is the code needs to be modified.

public JRJdbcQueryExecuter(JRDataset dataset, Map  parameters)

{

super(dataset, parameters);

connection = (Connection ) getParameterValue(JRParameter.REPORT_CONNECTION);

/*Custom Code Start*/

if(connection==null){       

JRFillParameter JNDI_NAME = getParameter("JNDI_NAME");(get the parameter whatever you’re passing from report)

Class clazz = JNDI_NAME.getValueClass();

Object JNDI_NAME_Value = JNDI_NAME.getValue();

Context ctx = null;

DataSource ds=null;

try{

initial = new InitialContext();

Context envContext  = (Context)initial.lookup("java:/comp/env");       

if(JNDI_NAME_Value!=null )

ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup(JNDI_NAME_Value.toString());           

connection=ds.getConnection();       

System.out.println("Connection Object----------------------"+connection);

}

/*Custom Code End*/

catch(Exception e){

e.printStackTrace();       

}

finally{

try{

if(ctx != null){

ctx.close();

}

}

catch(Exception e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

}

Replace this class file in jasperreports.jar and copy this jar in jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib dir.

Finally while creating the report in jasper server Please select data source none option.

Venkat.