We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Edit welcome page JS 3.7

sjongenelen

I want to change the portal look 'n feel from JS, so im editing web-inf\JSP\welcome_login.jsp

but, no matter what i change, there is no effect visible on the JS page...

i'm extremely new to JSP  - and my new login portal should only contain the login table, no other welcome messages :)

does someone have this for me? or point me in the right direction im sure its some kind of cache thing :)?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The steps you desribe should work, so I'm not sure what to say. Perhaps you need to restart the application?

However, if all you want to do is get rid of the extra info on that page, there's a simple way: JasperServer includes an alternate login page that doesn't include all the extra info. You can use it by editing WEB-INF\jasperserverservlet.xml and changing the login_html prop key to login.jsp. Restart the app and that shoulld be it.

As usual, updating JSPs is getting to the edge of my technical knowledge, but this might get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kristen

hmm, i've edited "<prop key="/login.jsp">jsCommContr</prop>" under the urlHandlerMapping bean, with no luck??

ofcourse i've restarted JS. It seems JS 3.7 pro doesnt take changes ?

update:

for testing purposes, i've edited:  

login.jsp,
login_mt_oem.jsp
login_welcome.jsp

to be the exact same content as login_mt.jsp.

but NOTHING happens on the main page of jasper?!

Post Edited by sjongenelen at 07/12/2010 07:44

I think you're right about this being a cache issue. I have done the same thing and only needed to edit the login_welcome.jsp page. I had to ensure my browser refreshed the page every time I visited it otherwise I couldn't see any changes. Have you tried another browser/from another machine?

Jamie