linking to input control not working...

ronedog

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be somewhere else, so my apologies if it is...after I posted this in iReport I realized that it might be more specific to the server's repository, so i decided to post it here.

I'm using iReport 3.7.2 and JasperServer 3.7.0. When trying to Link input controls it isn't working.  I right-click the Input Control folder, and it brings up a dialog box to allow me to browse the folders in the repository.  When I go to the folder for the input control I want to link to it allows me to select the folder, but when I press "Open Resource" I get an error message that says "<name> is not and input control".   And nothing gets linked.  I would assume that there should be a file of some sort that allows me to choose the actual input control I want to link, but I don't get anything like that, just the folder where the inputs are located, and I can't drill down any further...is this working in these versions?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot really get your question, can u explain more :-

This reply is based on what i can get from ur question ( in case it helps )

1. If  you are in view -> Repository page, and you are trying to find the input control , you need to change the Filters. to show -> All Types, so that it shows the Input controls also

2. If you are trying to add input control to the report , please select add input control in report wizard instead of add resource

Ramnik Kaur

Sen, QA Engineer

Thanks for your reply.  I'm getting this in the iReport Designer.  I've attached a picture of my screen that will show you where I have "rignt-clicked" and the menu "Link and existing input control" that starts the wizard. The 2nd attachment is where I add the input control, except it gives me an error "<report_name> is not an input control"

I don't know of any other way to add an input control...I tried looking around iReport, but couldn't see anywhere else to do this?

I tried th exact same scenario in my environment and t it worked for me

- Based on ur screen shot , i noticed that the resource you are selecting is not inpout control. Bcaz when i browse in repository to select the input control , it shows the -> input contrtols in repository with input control icon.

- either you need to add input control to repository first , so that you can select them later Or you try creating new input control

- you can also add input control in jasperserver  repository -> add resaource -> select resource type -> input control

Ramnik Kaur

Sen. QA Engineer

I'm confused. The way I've added the input controls is just how you described it. I saw your picture and you have all those input controls as options to select. Take a look at my 1st picture and you'll see a list of already created input controls....then take a look at the 2nd picture where I can browse and select input controls, you'll notice that there are no input controls I can choose from, however, I know they exist somewhere because the reports work, and I can see them in the repository?

I noticed your input controls are in a "COMMON" directory, am I simply looking in the wrong folders?

There are two ways we can create the input control:-

1. We create the input control directly in repository . in that case, we can choose the input control the way you are trying to choose

2. If you have just cerated local input controls with the report wizard [ and not created and saved in reposiotry ] , you wont be able to find the input controls from the repository.

- you can select the input control by browsing in repository only if you have saved them in repository.

Ramnik Kaur

Sen. QA Engineer

Ok, so are you saying the way I've been creating input controls via iReport is not actually saving them in the repository?

Here's how I created them. inside iReport I opened the repository view from the menu "WINDOW -->JasperServer Repository". This opens the folder view on the left hand side in my picture #1 from the 1st post I made. Then I "Right-Click" the repository (root) icon add folder (folder 1), then "Right-Click" the folder 1 and "Add Report Unit", then "Right-Click" the report unit and "ADD Input Control".

So is this creating the input control locally and not in the repository? If so, how do I create the input controls in the repository? Thanks.

well, it sounds like thats what I'm doing, but I'm having the same problem. This is on Windows Vista running 3.7.2 of iReport...do you think there is a problem with this environment? Could there have been something wrong during the installation with Tomcat?