Newbie question concerning Dashboard

muppetgate

Hi there ... :-)

I've been given the task of fixing a JasperServer dashboard. Unfortunately, I don't have any JasperServer experience so I was hoping someone could help me out with a few newbie-type questions.

Would I be correct in assuming that once a  Dashboard has been created, it can't be changed or edited (though it can be added to another Dashboard)?

My other question concerns the input fields; I'm not sure where they come from. It was my understanding that any report requiring an input field would automatically have it added to the Dashboard. This doesn't seem to be the case, so I'm a little confused as to where they're coming from. Do I have to create them separately and add them in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

The easiest way to use dash board it to built it on existing reports.

While you create report using report wizard you can create input controls/resources.

Then in the dash board designer you can select previously created report and some its controls. They should be added manually.

Hope that will help.

Best regards,

Taras Matyashovsky

Dashboards are editale after creation, so long as you have the right permissions for the dashboard. In the repository, right-click the dashboard and choose Open in Designer.

As for input controls, they are automatically added to the Special Content > Single Report Controls or Special Content > Multiple Report Controls. As taras points out, you need to define the input controls in your report (they should map to paarameters defined in the report), and then they are available when the report is added to the dashboard.

Of course, all this applies to the Pro/Enterprise editions of JasperServer. You can find more detail in the JS User Guide and JS Ultimate Guide.

Thanks,

Kristen