JasperServer Not starting...

ronedog

I installed JasperServer 3.7.0 on Windows Vista, but for some reason when I start the server, then try to login, the webpage acts like the server hasn't been started.

Here's what I've figured out so far with multiple uninstallations/reinstallations.  If I go through the installation process at the very end it gives me a checkbox to launch JasperServer immediately.  If I check this box, another black box shows up and starts the server.  Inside that black box there is some text that tells me the session id (at the bottom of the output stream).  If I go to the web page to login and view the reports it gives me the login prompt and I'm able to look a the reports just fine...everything works as it should.

The problem now comes when I close down the server (START-->ALL PROGRAMS-->JasperServer 3.7.0-->JasperManagement-->STOP JASPERSERVER....this works and shuts down properly, but when I click on the "START JASPERSERVER to restart the server I get a different black box, or at least the text is different...there is no session id or anything like that...tha last line reads "Apr 21, 2010 7:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start INFO: Server startup in 200ms".....and there is a blinking cursor just below this.  But when I go to login at the website "http://localhost/jasperserver/login.html" the page just hangs and hangs.  Also, if I open iReport and go to the Repository to look at the datasources there it also hangs trying to "load".  

During the installation process I chose to install the BUNDLED TOMCAT, but because I already have MySql installed I did not use the bundled Mysql option and just pointed the mysql to the appropriate "mysql/bin" directory.  Also, I DID make sure that MySQL server was started prior to starting the JasperServer.

Whats weird is that it works if I choose the option to run jasperserver immediatly, and if I run it manually it won't work.

Any ideas?

Post Edited by ronedog at 04/21/2010 18:54

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I ended up doing something similar to what is described in your post containing the link.

However, I made the change in Tomcat so that it does not use "Realms" and thus does not try and make a backup copy of the tomcat-users.xml file, and thus does not get the "permission denied" error on startup.

If anyone needs to actually use the Realms functionality of Tomcat, let me know, and I can revisit this.

Here is my post with describes the changes I made to the bundled tomcat's conf/server.xml file:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=73462