We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Postgresql as data source and jasperserver 3.7

evalentine

Has anyone been able to connect a Postgresql DB as a data source with Jasperserver 3.7?

I have not been able to get a Postgresql Driver to connect on a new install on Centos current OS. This configuration has been working fine with version 3.5 on other servers. The errors are all indicating there are version differences.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3.5 working with this configuration but have not been able to get the Driver to connect with version 3.7.

Centos current OS, JasperServer 3.7 with MySQL as repository and Postgresql as the data source.

I have tried several drivers from the Postgresql site including the current one which is listed as working with Postgresql 8.3, java 1.6.

java -version shows: java version "1.6.0.13"

Java SE Runtime Envernment (build 1.6.0_13)

When I test connection in the data source, the error is lava.lang.UnsupportedClass VersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 5 months later...

Is there anyone that is using this configuration; SuSE with jasperserver 3.7, using Postgersql as the data source, not as the jasperserver repository?

I have tried several times and have not been able to get the Postgresql Driver to test sucessfully.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I installed JasperServer via the install binary on Slackware(12.1) 2 days ago.

I got Postgres to work by using the driver:

postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc3.jar

I know almost nothing about Java, but the lastest driver would not work for me because I think the my JVM 1.5 and the latest driver is for 1.6 (??)

The one above works fine but.

Post Edited by rehara at 09/23/2010 00:04