We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

the right place for pdf fonts

darkmanta

Hi, I need some help.

I'm using IReport 3.7.1 on a client machine and jasperserver-ce 3.7.0 on a server

I designed a report on IReport and deployed it on the server.

The report is correctly generated and viewed by the web interface, but the pdf generation fails with the error:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not load the following font : pdfFontName : FreeSerif.ttf pdfEncoding : Cp1250 isPdfEmbedded : true

I don't know how to solve this problem.

I loaded the ttf file in a content folder through IReport and then I embedded it in the report through the jasperserver interface as a resource.

The ttf file was not uploaded even if the system reported no errors (bug?). So I uploaded the font manually.

But the problem persists.

I have seen that many people have the same problem but I've not found any solution.

Can you help me please?

Thnx

Post Edited by darkmanta at 03/23/2010 11:07

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Did you find the soultion, I am also unable to generate PDF in AIX server environment.

But in my development windows xp, I am able to generate PDF

I get the below error when I run in AIX

Code:
2010/03/23 23:16:56 ERROR  loadRegistries(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:182) - Error instantiating extensions registry for fonts  net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not find Spring resource /fonts/fonts1257513940572.xml for extensions registry fonts	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.SpringExtensionsRegistryFactory.getBeanFactory(SpringExtensionsRegistryFactory.java:92)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.SpringExtensionsRegistryFactory.createRegistry(SpringExtensionsRegistryFactory.java:73)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.DefaultExtensionsRegistry.instantiateRegistry(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:200)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.DefaultExtensionsRegistry.loadRegistries(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:175)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.DefaultExtensionsRegistry.loadRegistries(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:135)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.DefaultExtensionsRegistry.getRegistries(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:121)	at net.sf.jasperreports.extensions.DefaultExtensionsRegistry.getExtensions(DefaultExtensionsRegistry.java:98)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.<clinit>(JRStyledTextParser.java:76)	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)

I didn't find the solution and I think nobody knows how to solve this problem.

In iReport 3.7 it's easy to add new fonts for the inclusion in pdf reports. I can't understand why it's so difficult in JasperServer 3.7

Strangely, when I upload a new font to JasperServer, it appears in the web interface but the ttf files are not uploaded to the server.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Can anyone help us out even ia m nt able to implement font injasperserver while its so easy to implement them in iReport please help its really very urgent .

Font is nt visible injasperserver when i installed them in OS the font was visible injasperserver but wen i export it to pdf again i was disappointed please help me, as installing the font on every system at operating system is nt the right way to go ahead please guide me