We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Crosstab 'data is pre-sorted' checkbox issues

yapkm01

The attachment would shows in simplicity the issues i am having.

In summary:

1. When the above checkbox is unchecked, the rows and columns data are sorted nicely. No problem :O) The crosstab will sort the rows and columns according to the natural ordering of the elements. So this will override the sorted list which is the actual data source for this crosstab.

2. I checked the above checkbox to use the sorted data in the list. Instead of values being shown there are some being replaced by null values.

Would appreciate your advice.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yapkm01
Wrote:

The attachment would shows in simplicity the issues i am having.

In summary:

1. When the above checkbox is unchecked, the rows and columns data are sorted nicely. No problem :O) The crosstab will sort the rows and columns according to the natural ordering of the elements. So this will override the sorted list which is the actual data source for this crosstab.

2. I checked the above checkbox to use the sorted data in the list. Instead of values being shown there are some being replaced by null values.

Would appreciate your advice.

I am also having this same problem. Can someone suggest how this can be sorted out?

Alex

Post Edited by alex_mamre at 03/19/2010 05:50

same issue here!

i'm trying to use this option but it also return null's values in my crosstab...

the Schema Reference says:

"Returns whether the crosstab data is pre-sorted according to the crosstab's groups.

The crosstab calculation engine can optimize the calculations if the data is sorted by the row groups and column groups. For example, if there are two row groups R1 and R2 (subgroup of R1) and three column groups C1, C2 and C3 the data should be sorted by R1, R2, C1, C2, C3."

i tryed selecting the field in order but does not work.

i need to use the presorted because my query return names with accents, and without the presorted option selected, the crosstab returns the names with accents in the last rows, in diferent order of the database...

like:

Alberto

Carlos

Ricardo

Walter

Álberto

Élcio

need some examples about how to implement the query using the presorted option.

Thanks for now.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...