We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can't get past the input parameters page

mcandea

Hi all,

I have recently installed JasperServer on an IBM AIX, and when I try to run a report I can't get past the input parameters page. After I fill in the parameters values, I press OK but nothing happens, I can't get through to see the report. The input parameters page just stays in place, there no validation error, nothing.

I should mention that:

1. There's no exception in Tomcat's log.

2. I tried this on Chrome, IE, FF, same behaviour. Only Firefox would show me in the error console a problem in common.js, but I'm not even sure it was from that page, I cannot reproduce it.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks,

Marius

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into a problem with JasperServer 3.7 that fits these symptoms. In that case the problem was that the Javascript which presents the input controls was not properly escaped. Input values which contained single quotes caused problems.

Using Firebug on Firefox makes it pretty straightfoward to confirm whether you are hitting this problem. Or you could just tweak your input controls to be certain they don't return any questionable characters.

If it's this problem, then it has already been fixed in trunk. I don't know when another build of JasperServer will get packaged up, but you should be able to grab the source to get the fix.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt, and thank you for your answer!

I had tried to use Firebug last night, but could not set breakpoints in the Javascript, only after I restarted my computer this morning I can do that.

However, after a good night's sleep, I remembered  that I had messed with the 'main.jsp' decorator to add some branding to JasperServer. I modified it more carefully this morning and now problem is gone!

Thanks again for your suggestions,

Marius

• 4 months later...