We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperreports on Google App Engine

vlads

iText, a JAVA-PDF 5.0 (PDF) been changed to support Google App Engine.

Are there any plans to upgrade to 5.0 version of iText?

Also are there any plans to support Google App Engine execution environment in JasperReport itself?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any response to the question on whether there are plans to get JasperReports working in the Google App Engine environment? 

I have a project that I'm porting to Google App Engine but I'm currently stuck on the fact that whenever I try to generate a report I get the following message:

WARNING: Error for /PODEntry
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment is a restricted class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.
        at com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.reject(Runtime.java: 51)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.<clinit>(JRStyledTextParser.java: 87)

<snip>

• 2 weeks later...

The App Engine does not support all of Java. In the situation you are seeing, JasperReports is using Java Swing components to help with text layout, and the App Engine does not support those classes. Until the App Egnine does support those classes, we are stuck.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have tried to compile a Jasper report in Google App Engine and it crashes with a: 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Color is a restricted class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details' message.

So it is unlikely that JasperReports will soon support the Google App Engine since it is tightly coupled with java.awt package.

As for using the Apache Harmony implementation for the restricted classes it is also unlikely for now, as we are having difficulties in running our reports in Harmony's DRLVM.

• 5 years later...