We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

automate process of uploading jrxml onto repo ?

teamireport

HI Folks,

I would like to know, is there any way of automating the process of uploading jrmxl and creating datasource for the same ?

For the following scenario, we are looking for automating the process.

1. we have multiple client instances each has  unique databases ,for all the clients we created around 50 same jrxml  and used to upload in common place of jasperserver and those jrxml are pointed to only one client datasource,since, jasperserver doesnt have an option of multiple datasource support for same jrmxl while uploading.this setup is only work for one client instances

so,what we decided means, we want to create  a copy of jrmxl (i.e creating one more which has same jrxml and diffrent datasource for other client db) and at the time of installing  client instance and all the jrxml should upload and create datasource based on the client instance. so that we can maitain jasperserver db easily.instead of manually pre-configured for all the clients instances.

any idea /suggestion .pl can anyone give your valuables thougths?,

thanks

ram

Post Edited by teamireport at 12/18/2009 01:04

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperServer Web services and import/export can be used to create and maintain resources in the repository.

You can have report units use common JRXMLs and data sources.

You could have one export of your repository that is used across clients - same resource names etc.

All you would need to change was the data source definitions - the exact database name, network parameters  etc.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Our goal is to setup virtual hosts in a machine, each hosts pointing to separate database name (not jasperserver db). Jasperserver will be installed as single instance.

Jasperserver should select the datasource based on some parameters via webservice.

Is there way to dynamically change datasource name via webservice or any other source ?

im very unsure about this thought, but perhaps you can load the $P{REPORT_CONNECTION} using a Input Control? Like, make a 'Single Select List of Values' in which you create a 'Report connection'? im not sure if its possible to create the REPORT_CONNECTION object during report creation :)

just a thought....

• 2 weeks later...

@teamireport: are the reports (JRXML, input controls etc) the same across customers, and only the data changes (different databases, same structure)? You would need a custom data source that switches the database between the different customers on the fly. The $P{REPORT_CONNECTION} would not work without some heavy modification of the server.

Just to be clear, Jaspersoft's Professional Edition has multi-tenancy built in to manage these sort of scenarios.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Thanks for your reply !

Yes sherman, JRXML,input control are same across customer,only the db name changes ,same structure.

i've tried custom datasource example which is shipped in the jasperserver.what i could see is after build the example customdatasource.In the jasperserver, there were addtional datasources is being created.

for me want to make one jdbc datasource ,having that,we just need to dynamically change the database name in the datasource (or) we will create multiple datasource pre-configured ,then how we need to map those datasources to same report units(i.e jrxml) ?

could you please give me an example from the customdatasource to achive my requirement? .i'll make it work as per suggestions.

Thanks gkuehnberger for the reply !

you mean instead of creating a customdatasource, passing the ( db-creds db-name and db-hos) as a parameter to the datasource  which i have been created  via url at the report creation.

if my understanding is wrong ,could you pl.elaborate a bit on this. i know how to pass parameter and all.. coul you pl.explain a bit.it would be helpful to me.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

We also have same requirement .

Like multiple clients . which will have common canned reports . and seperate data source .

We have automated client creation in jasper server ..

But not able to import these canned reports automaticaly for each client . Also datasource configuration needs to be done manualy

Kindly suggest me how to achive this with using webservice or import/export option.

Thanks and regards

Mahesh