We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Not able to create filter condtion on field

ravi_sati

Hi,

We are using jasperserver-pro3.5.1 configured with sqlserver database. we have very huge database around 50+ GB.

When we are creating filter on some specific columns(not all) its says"Too many values to display. Please enter a search string at the left.

Does jasper server limits input criteria values? how can we increase it?

Attaching the screens shots of the problem.

Kindly let me know if any one knows the solution.

Regards,

Ravi Dutt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, you can still enter the string manually.

What normally happens in that screen is the system will display a drop down of distinct value in your db so that a user can graphically select the value he wants. In your case, the message is shown because there are too many values to feasibly list for the app.

Another point to note is you can't filter where "field is null" unless this has been fixed.

Just thought I point that out in case you had to spend hours troubleshooting it :)

• 1 month later...

So is there a defined threshold for how many values is to many (100, 1000, 100000)?

I have customer's that do not have a limit at point of entry but they may change their design for the data if on the back end in reporting there is a known limit.  Sometimes this can not be avoided and I think the limit avaiable information filter is a great functional piece to this area.

Post Edited by klennon at 02/16/2010 14:46

The default is 10,000. You can change the setting by logging in as the superuser and going to the menu option Manage > Ad Hoc Options. The Ad Hoc Filter List of Values Row Limit is the value to set in this screen. This is documented in the JasperSerer Professional Administration Guide (though it is not immmediately obvious).

Sherman

Jaspersoft