Role to ROLE mapping

sampathku

Hi All,

I am trying to set Role privileges in the Mondrian schema & upload the schema for Jasper Analysis. I have prepared <Role tag in the schema itself and I am trying to verify the role privileges.

But for all users & Roles, it shows the same analysis view. The data is never sensored as per my role tag. I am not able to figure out where the <Role name="abc"> is mapped to inside user/roles (Manage tab) in Jasper Server. It would be great if anybody could help explain this mapping or point to the right documentation. I am right now trying to do as per what's described in the Mondrian guide.

Regards,
Balaji

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roles are not added to the Mondrian connection in JasperServer Community Edition. We should do that.

JasperServer Professional does add roles, but not the simple, static roles that you see in standard Mondrian. Roles are templates that are parameterized so you can inject parameters from the user profile. For example, you could have a Manager role that defines limits a user to a particular department, and each user with a Manager role has a department attribute. Without the template approach, you would end up with a role per department in the schema, which is hard to maintain.

Sherman

Jaspersoft