We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Confused on liferay/jasperserver integration

ericlomm

Hello,

I am trying to follow the documentation for integrating Jasperserver and the liferay Portal that is available in the JasperServer Users Guide for the community edition. I have found that I am totally confused in following the examples in the documentation I have available.

First, I am confused as to what the correct <context_name> is when I am looking for the portlet.xml file. I am not seeing anything that looks like it would be a default for the context_name, where would I be able to find this?

Second, where can i find the war file for the jasperserverportlet at?

Third, We have a newer, or at least a different version of Liferay then is described in the documentation that we have for our version of JasperServer.  Is there something available that describes the what the differences in configuration are for liferay 5.2.0?

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Ok, since I never had any replys on this message I have figured the answers to my second and third questions on my own.

I was able to find the jasperServerPortlet.war file at source forge and download it and I have learned enough about the version of liferay we have installed that I am able to to upload the war file into liferay.

I think I also have a handle on the first question as well, but I am not positive.

I believe from what I am looking at, the <context_name> I am looking for is going to be the directory that was created when I installed the the WAR file. But I am not sure. Can someone please verify this?

Also after I have installed the JasperServerPortlet.WAR into liferay and I try to add the application the JasperServer Portlet is not available in the list of applications I can install. However I do see a number of categories available that I can use. I have added an image of what I am seeing below. Can someone save me some time and tell me where to look to add the JasperServer Portlet to liferay as an application.

JasperServer portlet should display "Jasper Reports" in the add application menu...

It probably failed to deploy...check the log files for your application/web server...

I had to edit portlet.xml file within the jasper-portlet war file since this did not pass xml validation phase of deployment...Of course I am using glassfish application server instead of tomcat but depending on your version, I think you will get same error...

See the following topic for details:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=67454

Hello,

OK, so I now had the jasperserver portlet installed in liferay and I have added it as an application to liferay. But I now I have an issue where when I am trying to connect to the JasperServer through Liferay I am getting a message about the "Connection Refused ..." I have checked through the documentation and I have made sure that JasperServer has the IP address of my Liferay server as a trusted address. I have double checked to make that the portlet is pointing to the correct server address. But I am still having my connection attempts refused.

What else can I try to make sure that this is working corrently? 

Okay...here is link to issue I logged with all problems I had to fix to deploy under Glassfish App Server...

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperserver/tracker/view.php?id=4304

your issues may or may not be the same (I am assuming that you are deploying on Apache Tomcat)...

Apache Tomcat is the web app that is in Sun's Glassfish product so the issues may be same or similar

I had to make a few changes for successful deployment of portlet war on Liferay running on Glassfish v2.1
* servlet.jar removed
* commons-logging added
* updated portal.xml file (xml was in bad format)
* edit jsp files so that <script> is <script type="text/javascript">

I am just guessing that the jsp files may be causing your problem...

REGARDING LOG files...

Regarding where your log files are...it has been a long time since I have worked with Tomcat...so google this to find out where log files are...individual web applications that are deployed on tomcat should have stuff in <TomcatInstall>/webapps/<portlet-war>/logs or perhaps in WEB-INF/logs ???

For glassfish, look in <Glassfish>/domains/domain1/logs/server.log

hope this is helpful...

OK, that post provided me with some useful information. But after going through all of the changes in the link what I can say is that my problem appears to be unrelated to the installation issues the the link refered to.

I have the jasperserver portlet installed and it is running on the server. The problem is that when I try to connect to my jasperserver I am getting a "Connection Refused..." message. 

I have looked at the catalina.out file and from what I am seeing it appears that my problem AxisFault. I have posted the full text that is in the catalina.out file related to the error message as code.

Can someone tell me how to fix this Axis Fault? Or should I post this as a seperate message

Code:
AxisFault faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP faultSubcode:  faultString: (404)Not Found faultActor:  faultNode:  faultDetail: 	{}:return code:  404<html><head>	<title></title>	<meta content="1; url=http://localhost:8080/web/guest;jsessionid=3ADA8ABD0A267AA7F58ECE24508A6B9A" http-equiv="refresh" /></head><body onload="javascript: location.replace('http://localhost:8080/web/guest;jsessionid=3ADA8ABD0A267AA7F58ECE24508A6B9A')"><!--The numbers below are used to fill up space so that this works properly in IE.See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q294807 for moreinformation on why this is necessary.123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890--></body></html>	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404(404)Not Found	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)	at com.liferay.util.axis.SimpleHTTPSender.invoke(SimpleHTTPSender.java:77)	at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.portlet.engine.ws.RepositorySoapBindingStub.list(RepositorySoapBindingStub.java:263)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.portlet.engine.ws.WSClient.list(WSClient.java:161)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.portlet.engine.ws.WSClient.list(WSClient.java:151)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.portlet.controller.JSPortletEditController.getAllReports(JSPortletEditController.java:217)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.portlet.controller.JSPortletEditController.handleRenderRequest(JSPortletEditController.java:77)	at org.springframework.web.portlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handleRender(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:52)	at org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet.doRenderService(DispatcherPortlet.java:750)	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.processRequest(FrameworkPortlet.java:421)	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.doDispatch(FrameworkPortlet.java:391)	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)	at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:126)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:69)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:100)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:618)	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeRender(InvokerPortletImpl.java:700)	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.render(InvokerPortletImpl.java:419)	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.render_005fportlet_jsp._jspService(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl.renderPortlet(PortalImpl.java:2884)	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.renderPortlet(PortalUtil.java:897)	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processPortlet(RuntimePortletUtil.java:170)	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processPortlet(RuntimePortletUtil.java:103)	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processTemplate(RuntimePortletUtil.java:281)	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processTemplate(RuntimePortletUtil.java:190)	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.layout.view.portlet_jsp._jspService(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.includeLayoutContent(LayoutAction.java:294)	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:471)	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)	at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)	at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Can you hit the jasper web service directly from your web browser...see url below

this is the setting that you have in your portlet.xml file...Be careful about the jasperserver-pro part (this is for professional verion ONLY...if community edition, use whatever it is there "jasperserver ???"

http://yourMachineHere:8080/jasperserver-pro/services/repository

This should ask for login (use jasperadmin login or some such that has permission)

You should see:

------------------------------------------------------------
repository

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!
Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Then you know that your jasper web services are running...you could also turn on debugging on the jasper side...

edit the WEB-INF/log4j.properties  (this might be in WEB-INF/classes...???) and set DEBUG for axis things and whatever...

you should see web service attempts in the jasperserver.log file then... Remember to turn this off though since it really makes the web services run slow...This bit me last month...

Ok, I can get to the repository and see the window. Is there someplace I can find an example of the syntax for turning on axis debuging. (I hate to sound like I don't know what I am doing, but up to this point in my career I have not done much with Java)

I am just trying to make sure I get all of the correct Information so that I am really loggin the axis information.

Post Edited by ericlomm at 12/10/2009 21:12

jasperserver uses log4j ... google this up to find a little bit about it...

WEB-INF/log4j.properties

edit this file and find the axis2.ManagementServer entry...it is probably commented out "#" at beginning is comment...

so uncomment, set Log Level to "DEBUG", then restart tomcat or redeploy jasperserver....

This 404 Not found error is bugging me since I remember getting it but obviously cannot remember what solution was...

Do you have PORTLET_ROLE  or ROLE_PORTLET defined in jasperserver...I think the portlet code does auto-login with this role or some such...I did muck things up at one point by not having this role in jasperserver...

Sorry, I do not seem to be giving much help here...   :(      

suedonne123
Wrote:

edit this file and find the axis2.ManagementServer entry...it is probably commented out "#" at beginning is comment...

I am using the community edition and I don't appear to have an "...axis2.ManagementServer..." entry to uncomment. If it was just a case of that line being commented out I would not have been asking for the syntax for how to write the statement.  I did a search in my file for simply the word "axis" and had no results.

One thing I know from my search efforts is that the syntax is not:

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis=debug

As I had found when I first did a search for possible syntax.

I do have ROLE_PORTLET defined and I have the user name that I setup for my user setup as a user of the ROLE_PORTLET.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you set the trustedIPAddress, as discussed in http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=65528 ?

The debugging you are after is turned on by by adding the following lines in WEB-INF/log4j.properties:

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis=debug

log4j.logger.com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.ws=debug

You will need to restart the server after doing this.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 1 year later...