Error:Java Heap Space

tjpren

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Any thoughts ??

I'd like to get more out of Jasper as a replacement to the commercial aternatives, but still need some help.  Now getting into into linked tables is probably pushing the system, but want to give it a try.

From what I've read, it may be something to do with setting a min and max memory number in Java, but the answers were all vague, and required command line actions.

I'm afraid i've come up against a brick wall.

I've tried to query a MS SQL2005 with two large tables, from iReports 3.5 on both an XP and Linux machine, and I get the Java Heap Space error.

I've used two versions of the SQLJDBC 1.1.1501 and 2.0.1803, and get the same problem.

Given that Jasperreports is java based, I'd assume that the developers have some idea??

Code:
Query error Message:    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: SQL problems:The system is out of memory. Use server side cursors for large result sets:Java heap space. Result set size:811,311,558. JVM total memory size:532,742,144.Level:    SEVEREStack Trace:SQL problems: The system is out of memory. Use server side cursors for large result sets:Java heap space. Result set size:811,311,558. JVM total memory size:532,742,144.    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.data.fieldsproviders.SQLFieldsProvider.getFields(SQLFieldsProvider.java:360)    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.JDBCConnection.readFields(JDBCConnection.java:479)    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.wizards.ConnectionSelectionWizardPanel.validate(ConnectionSelectionWizardPanel.java:126)    org.openide.WizardDescriptor$6.run(WizardDescriptor.java:1268)    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!!

I have almost the same error. I am using a XML file as a datasource file, and sometimes the file contains a lot of data.

I obtained the next error.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Java heap space.

How to solve this?

Any idea?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Try using the following JDBC properties, to use server-side cursor. Documentation can be found in the Sun JDBC guides.

net.sf.jasperreports.jdbc.result.set.type

net.sf.jasperreports.jdbc.concurrency

net.sf.jasperreports.jdbc.holdability

net.sf.jasperreports.jdbc.max.field.size

• 2 years later...