We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

[Cube/MDX] Conditional Formulas

jogrey

hi,

i am begining practicing mdx/xmla, and as the take off is easy and capacities large, i have some difficulties :

I got a cube, pivoting on 5 dimensions, into, i have 2 measures, a sum of "ok" qty, and a sum of "total" qty.

I have a CalculatedMember dividing both to get a %, everything is ok, i put colors on cells, that's computed fast, and the results are accurate, atomic bomb I like it.

But, i just learnt a new rule must exist in my formula : from a specified hierarcical level i do not have to divide sums of the current population, but multiply the %, and then, i am getting blocked. I saw i can test the actual level of the computation, there is my cube with a hierarchy level test :

<Cube name="EvolutionFPY" caption="EvolutionFPY" cache="true" enabled="true">
    <Table name="fait_fpy">
    </Table>
    <DimensionUsage source="Temps" name="Temps" caption="Temps" foreignKey="ffy_tps_id">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <DimensionUsage source="Produit" name="Produit" caption="Produit" foreignKey="ffy_pdt_id">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <DimensionUsage source="Etablissement" name="Etablissement" caption="Etablissement" foreignKey="ffy_etb_id">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <DimensionUsage source="Client" name="Client" caption="Client" foreignKey="ffy_dct_id">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <DimensionUsage source="Utilisateur" name="Utilisateur" caption="Utilisateur" foreignKey="ffy_utl_id">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <Measure name="SOMME_QTE_OK" column="ffy_qte_ok" datatype="Numeric" formatString="### ###" aggregator="sum" visible="true">
    </Measure>
    <Measure name="SOMME_QTE_TOT" column="ffy_qte_tot" datatype="Numeric" formatString="### ###" aggregator="sum" visible="true">
    </Measure>
    <CalculatedMember name="FPY_TOT" caption="FPY" dimension="Measures" visible="true">
      <Formula>
        <![CDATA[CASE
        WHEN
         [Etablissement].CurrentMember.Level.Name = "Poste de saisie"
        THEN
        ELSE
          [Measures].[sOMME_QTE_OK]/[Measures].[sOMME_QTE_TOT]
        END]]>
      </Formula>
      <CalculatedMemberProperty name="FORMAT_STRING" expression="Iif([Measures].[FPY_TOT] < 1, Iif([Measures].[FPY_TOT] < 0.9, '|0.00|style=red', '|0.00|style=yellow'), '|0.00|style=green')">
      </CalculatedMemberProperty>
    </CalculatedMember>
  </Cube>

and then the dimension and is hierarchy, under "poste de saisie" i want to divide sums.

<Dimension type="StandardDimension" name="Etablissement" caption="Etablissement">
    <Hierarchy hasAll="true" allMemberName="Tous les etablissements" primaryKey="etb_id" caption="Etablissement">
      <Table name="dim_etablissement">
      </Table>
      <Level name="Poste de charge" column="etb_pdc" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never" caption="Etablissement">
      </Level>
      <Level name="Poste de saisie" column="etb_pds" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never" caption="Etablissement">
      </Level>
      <Level name="Equipement" column="etb_eqp" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never" caption="Etablissement">
      </Level>
      <Level name="Code Etablissement" column="etb_code" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never" caption="Etablissement">
      </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
  </Dimension>

I don't know how to retrieve results from inferior levels to multiplicate them, nor if it's only possible.

I am getting blocked, if you have any clue where i should look for, i will send you greetings :)

Post Edited by jogrey at 11/23/2009 15:53

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what i need thank you !

But i am now blocked by aggregations, as sum is only an addition aggregation and not products aggregs., i remember math classes and i solved the probleme with logarithms, as the following :

WHEN

[Etablissement].CurrentMember.Level.Name = "Poste de charge"

THEN

Power( 10, Sum( Descendants( Etablissement.CurrentMember, Etablissement.[Poste de saisie] ), log10( [Measures].[sOMME_QTE_OK] / [Measures].[sOMME_QTE_TOT] )  ) )

ELSE

[Measures].[sOMME_QTE_OK]/[Measures].[sOMME_QTE_TOT]

Now everything works fine !

Thank you again.

Post Edited by jogrey at 12/02/2009 13:01

• 1 month later...

I come back to you with another question :)

I have a cube, with several dimensions, in one dimension, 3 levels (lets take A,B,C for instance), values of the leaf can be shared by father's node ie :

A1->B1->C1

A1->B1->C2

A1->B2->C1

A1->B2->C3

I'd like to group by "C", i mean when i am on A level, i want to do some product computation with a sql group by on only C levels.

A1 = sum(C1) * sum(C2) * sum(C3)

in sql this is quite simple :

select power (10, sum( log10( C )  )

from ...my tables....

Where ...my filters...

Group by C

But in xml/a mdx I don't know how to proceed ? Should i creates a measure like :

<Measure name="C" datatype="Numeric" formatString="### ###" aggregator="sum" visible="true">

<MeasureExpression>

<SQL dialect="mysql">

aQty GROUP BY myC

</SQL>    

</MeasureExpression>

</Measure>    

And then use it in a calculatedMember like this :

Power( 10, Sum( [Etablissement].CurrentMember, log10( C ) ) )

Thank you in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to add a dimension, with one level and unique name, on the same data than i want to "group by", it seems to work, is the good way to do ?

I have this kind of mdx query :

WITH MEMBER
[Measures].[groupby]
AS
Power( 10, Sum( [DimPds].[pds].members, log10( [Measures].[FPY_TOT] ) ) )
SELECT
[temps].members ON COLUMNS,
[Etablissement].members ON ROWS
FROM
[EvolutionFPY]
WHERE
[Measures].[groupby]

Post Edited by jogrey at 02/23/2010 13:08