Three subreports without page break

osi22

Hi,

I'm getting desperate, i have been searching the web for a solution but i haven't found it yet. I tell you: i have 3 subreports in a master report. 2 of the subreports have fixed size, but the other, which is placed in the middle of the masterreport, have a text that is hidden or not depending on a parameter of the subreport and this text is obtained from the data base (i don't know its size).

Well, if the text size is big and it not  fit to the page size, the third subreport always start on a new page, i want it to start just at the finish of the second subreport, without any blank spaces between subreport2 and suberport3.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance.

Bye.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the master report properties, what happens when you set the 'Ignore Pagination' checkbox?

Or, in the sub reports, instead of using one big detail section you can break up the report into a small detail section with several small groups.  Then when the report is filling, it'll put as many of the groups as possible before it breaks to the next page.  I'm sorry if I'm unclear, if you need a more detailed explanation I'll provide one.

Thanks for your fast answer.

CTKRM

I've checked the "Ignore pagination" property and then the report only has one page, but the page size is greater than the DIN A4 size and it gets an error print when i try to print the report.

About your second suggestion, i'm affraid it doesn'n work, i think that i've done it as you say, with several small groups in one detail band, but the blank spaces between second and third subreport are still there.

GIULIO

The position of the second and third subreports is already set to "Float".

About your second suggestion, i think that i don't understand you very well, maybe you'll know why, when you read my explanation and see the jrxml files attached.

ALL

It's the first time i use ireport (3.6.1) with jasper reports. I think that my problem might be that i don't know how to organize the master report. I've tried this:

- One title band in the master report  (with the first subreport), one detail band (with second and third subreport together).
    - One title band in the master report  with the three subreports,  the second and third subreports being float.

- One master report without any bands, only three "report groups", each group header (group footer is hidden) has one subreport inside and not is checked the "Start on e new page" option. THIS IS THE MASTER REPORT JRXML THAT I HAVE ATTACHED.

Finally i attach all my reports, there are four reports, the master report (NotifInteresado_AES.jrxml), first subreport (NotifInteresado_AES_sub1.jrxml), second subreport (NotifInteresado_AES_sub2.jrxml) and third subreport (NotifInteresado_AES_sub3.jrxml).

Thanks for all.